Collections Management is an integral, yet daunting and time consuming part of collections care. With over 12 years of experience with a prestigious private collection and an internationally-renowned museum, Jennifer Ritchie can assist you in this important process. Whether you are a private collector, a gallery or a museum, in this economy it may not make sense to hire a full-time staff member to manage your collection or handle the occasional project. Instead, a contract Collections Manager may be what you require. Below are some of the services Jennifer can offer:
Collections Management For Private Collections:
- Collections Management System consultation and cataloguing.
- Development and maintenance of object files.
- Outgoing loan management and coordination.
- Museum-quality condition reports.
- Art insurance consultation.
- Coordination and supervision of large installation projects, including residential change-outs.
- Management of logistics for new acquisitions.
- Deaccessions, including the consultation, coordination and implementation of sales at auction.
- Collections research.
- Development of collections’ policies and contract consultation.
- Management of photographic inventories and archives.
- Courier services when art is in transit both nationally and internationally.
- Coordination of appraisals of collections.
Collections Management For Museums, Art Centers and Historical Societies:
- Organization, coordination and implementation of traveling exhibitions.
- Condition reports for incoming loans to your museum from lenders in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
- Special projects, including large-scale cataloguing tasks.
- Comprehensive experience with The Museum System (TMS) and other Collections Management Systems.
- International and national courier services for loans.
- Policy and contract development.
- Fill temporary positions when your registrars are out long-term or if you are between employees.
Collections Management For Galleries and Independent Art Advisors:
- Professional collections management consultation and services for your clients as mentioned above.
- Special projects and coordination of exhibitions and installations.
- Condition assessments and conservation recommendations.
For more information please contact Jennifer Ritchie, Collections Manager, at 817-385-4433;
Or use the form below to send Jennifer a message.
|Collections Manager||Jennifer Ritchie|